BARSTOOL RANTS.

Sunday, January 24, 2010


LED lighting uses up to 90% less energy than conventional lighting and has the advantage of allowing a nearly infinite colour range.

They also contain no mercury or filament, making each light more durable, easier to handle, and a longer lasting. Performances lit on 5 kilowatts (about 5 spotlights) arranged in the “right way” can do wonders, and shows that it’s possible to have effective lighting and still reduce consumption.

LED lights are gaining in prominence across the globe – 8,000 Starbucks across the U.S. have switched over, and Radiohead’s last tour was lit by these energy saving specimens.

Either way, I still loathe starbucks and feel like slashing my wrists when I listen to Radiohead.

This is not to say I don't participate in supporting both these enterprises regularly. However I probably wouldn't let Thom Yorke have unprotected sex with my sister regadless of how meritous his environmental positions are.

And if Starbucks thinks they are going to get all friendly neighborhood joint on all of us, they are fucking mistaken. This is precisely what Snapple tried to do and now look at it. Union square was flooded with the sticky goo of their enormous popsicle, costing their PR people at least a testicle on the black market, making make perfect asses of themselves.

This has nothing to do with environmentalism I just think Snapple and Starbucks are pretty much on the same page and serve to show us that before we know it we're going to be eating dead people in wafer format in all primary colours. I don't want to be around for that shit unless I'm rolling on soy vanilla lattes and sugar high on the great popsicle of life.

No comments: