BARSTOOL RANTS.

Friday, May 21, 2010

a pointless note on octopus's.


Last night a friend of mine told me that there was this octopus who was under some sort of observation, so it was in a tank being filmed all the time. It got up and left its tank in the middle of the night to get into an adjacent tank and eat the crustaceans in it. It would walk across the floor, jump into the other tank, then return to its own tank and in the morning try and play it off like nothing happened. Octopus’s are supposed to be really smart, the smartest of all invertebrates. The thought of an octopus walking across the floor in the dead of night strikes me as pretty fucking terrifying.

My friend also told me they can make things like hammers and tools with surrounding resources and use them with their tentacles to get what they need. I don’t really know what an octopus would need a hammer for (sort of as much as a fish needs a bicycle, one would think). Ha !

No comments: