BARSTOOL RANTS.

Monday, May 24, 2010


I find it really funny when people unfailingly judge others based on which high school they went to.

The whole high school rivalry thing is pretty much inevitable when you’re in it, especially in a small town like the one I grew up in. And I guess when I was 16 or 17 I tolerated a bit of pointless egg throwing or vandalism in the name of unwarranted hatred, but now that we’re well into our twenties, I think it’s safe to assume that our reasons for hating people will be for something actually reasonable. Like making out with my boyfriend, or breaking my friends heart, or having a fucking stupid haircut. All these things deserve a bit of loathing.

But if you are seriously maintaining that grudge based on where I went to school 5 years ago, I automatically assume you are a fucking child as well as an idiot.
I’ve long forgotten a lot about much of high school. Its not that I hated it or anything, it’s just not a very big part of my life anymore. I still have friends from there, and I’m really glad to have them, but I sort of left the trivial nemesis’ thing in the dusty relics of time somewhere in between graduation and four years of university. Call me crazy, but I haven’t put much energy into upholding feelings of hate for those who went to school on the other side of town when we were 16.

Take off that fucking football jacket and man up, you candy ass. If your seriously going to judge me right away, do it like a man and leave the superficial small town motives where they belong – in the small town. For the pre teens. Hate me, instead, because I have a stupid hair cut. PLEASE.

No comments: