BARSTOOL RANTS.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Today is my twenty second birthday.

Twenty two years on this green earth and I have incessant cowlicks in my hair. Isn't this shit supposed to go away after you turn like, 6? I have the biggest bedroom in my apartment, though, so I do have this going for me. And I can ride a unicycle.

Yesterday I accepted an internship with She Does the City for the summer, so I'm going to be a three day a week blog fiend.

Unlike this shitty peice of shit, which I haven't touched for what feels like 26 years. (but how can I stay mad at you bloggy blog?)

I had to decide between two internships - one was a company that could have turned my resume into a golden ticket more valuable than any produced by willy wonka, but I have a feeling that She Does the City will turn my summer into a golden ticket more valuable than umm .... well I just think its going to be really fun and inspiring. And at the end of the day, if what you are doing is fun and inspiring then there is no way you can fail. I've been saying that a lot lately.

For example, Macey and I went to a party last Friday and I assured her that there was no way we could fail the night. She was skeptical. Sure, we got really obliterated (me in particular), smoked cigarettes, got punched in each of our respective face a few times and formed some questionable relationships that might lead to future cons in white collar crime, but the point is, we returned home in one peice. Not together, not at a decent hour, and neither of us were wearing clothes when we woke up. But if thats not a recipe for sucess, then I am not Kait fucking Fowlie.

that was a joke, for the most part.

Anyway life is full of decisions like this, and I realize its probably not the last time I will have to pick between two radical opportunities. About the internships, I mean. Not because I'm trying to say I'm really fucking awesome, but because I try to do things sometimes, and if there is one thing I've learned in this nightmarish urban landscape, its that if you try to do things sometimes, things will find you.

THINGS, I say !

Right now my short term idea of sucess is that I not end up like Lindsay Lohan, waking up every morning, looking on craigslist for work. Lindsay, if you read this, you looked better with red hair.

On that note, this twenty second year of my life is supposed to be a really good one according to my horoscope. All my imaginative, sensitive and weak willed pisces souls out there have lots to look forward to. I usually dont believe in this shit, but I'm choosing to accept this good omen.

No comments: