BARSTOOL RANTS.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I died, but I am reborn.

Oh hai.

So it’s been roughly four thousand years since I’ve posted anything on this blog. I’d like to take this time to apologize to my fans. I know it’s probably been really hard without my really relevant and amazing words.

(sarcasm.)

But regardless of how we haven’t been speaking, I want you to know that I still really care about you a lot. Here is a list of things that I’ve been doing with my absurd and meaningless life since we lost touch:

- Listening to a lot of kid sister – rapper from Chicago. I have a total hard on for her. Myspace.com/kidsister. She is like, lil mama meets salt n peppa. (ie – my dream woman.)

- Jazzing my pants in anticipation for ye ole saint Nick’s arrival. I get unintelligibly excited for Christmas, it’s rather embarrassing. My mom got me, Macey and TK advent calendars (she gave my two room-mates away though, before she reached the city – but it’s the thought that counts I reckon). I never miss a fucking day on those things.


- Studying for / writing exams. That was a biggie.

- Painting things. And callaging. And I did some iron on transfers on a pair of jeans. (characters from the rhyme hey diddle diddle, to be precise) Macey and I have plunged pretty hard into the craft world – one I never really appreciated before. There is this book sitting on my kitchen table called "The big ass book of crafts" by Mark Montano - the guy who hosted that show While You Were Out. It's full of crafts beyond my wildest dreams. Metallic baby statues, cable tie door beads ...two litre cola bottle sea creature lamps ... this book has opened my life to a world of possibilities.

- Developing an unhealthy obsession with slasher films. I really wish Alfred Hitchcock was my dad. I hope my Dad doesn’t read that. I find it especially drole how many horror films are oriented around helpless female protagonists. With huge breasts, that get unnecessarily exposed during their deaths. Not that I’m complaining, or anything. One of my all time favourite deaths, remains Drew Barrymore and her boyfriends in the opening part of Scream. Tk made fun of me to no end for my liking the Scream trilogy. Fuck him, and everything he stands for. KIDDING !

This essay I read by Noel Caroll for a class stated how horror films scare us to the degree of realistic hazards they show. Like, when someone falls off a cliff or something it scares us because it’s a believable way to die. But we wouldn’t buy it if someone suddenly flew upward into the air and repeatedly hit their head on the ceiling. When I read this, I actually thought my life was coming to a close because I started laughing so hard. In fact I’m fucking laughing now as I relive that text. Maybe you don’t find it funny. (but if you don’t, you suck.)

- Watching Lady Gaga’s bad romance video. I was utterly and unexplainably fascinated by that shit.

- Spending some quality time with the fam in Brantford, since I finished my exams. They're fun. I'm mucho looking forward to chilling with some old friends and lovers.

- rekindling my love for dancing like a maniac. This is a recent phenomena.
- wearing long johns :(

- Being really poor and sucking at it.

What I'm trying to tell you is that I’ve been drunk since Thursday at 5 when I finished my last exam. Somebody give me some structure so I don’t fall off the face of this earth.

1 comment:

Captain Clifton Reynolds Jr. said...

berlin.

that is structure


peace.

clayton

ps.
i read your blog.

not a stalker

again, clayton. :P