BARSTOOL RANTS.

Friday, February 12, 2010

A few reasons why I love Valentines day


Yeah I'll be the first to tell you I like Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, and Martha Stewart Living magazines.

I maintain that you can still be a valid human and participate in all these things.

But today I want to tell you all a little bit about why I fucking love Valentines day so fucking much. Here goes !

1 . I need another excuse to get wasted.

2 . I think those little heart candies with words on them are halarious. They say the most random things. One time I swear I got one that said lets do it. I'm not even joking (think of the children!)

3 . I need another excuse to make out with people.

4 . Everyone fucking hates it and I like being contrary.

5. Its one of the few holidays where no (reasonable / single) person truly expects anything.

6 . I used to have a fixation with the human heart in art, and I think its infinitely clever when people employ this image instead of what you would usually expect. (Like in that Crayola commercial where these boys are giving this one hot girl all these little notes in class with hearts on them and she goes for the one who draws her a sloppy human heart with blood all over it.)

7 . Red food dye has speed - like effects on me.

8 . I have a genuine obsession with seasonal baking.

9 . Without fail, my mother sends me some candy and money in the mail on this red letter of a day. I realize this will probably continue to happen into the thirties. At which point I will stop blogging about it.

10 . I'm a corporate whore and generally enjoy participating in the capitalistic ventures of this commercial sham.

That last one isn't really true I just wanted to even it out to 10.

But I really think everyone should stop being so cynical about v-day. It could do wonders for the economy if everyone bought their significant other a bunch of flowers, a box of chocolates, a litter of puppies and a few prostitutes.
Now THERES a recipe for a good Valentines day.

1 comment:

laurelrose said...

10. every year, kait thinks that v-day might finally be the day she loses her v-card and keeps hoping every year.