BARSTOOL RANTS.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fight crime.


During the last semester in my criminology class, my professor asked the class if diet should be considered a factor in criminal motive. Usually I keep to myself in lectures, but, as a (recent) vegetarian, I do believe that diet is an enormous part of the behavioural world, affecting the way we think, act, and feel.

I put up my hand to give my two cents. I explained that its a common philosophy among vegetarians that you are what you eat - one of the many possible reasons people choose to not eat meat or animal products. Animals obviously endure a lot of fear and anxiety when they are killed. Some people don't want to consume that.

The class thought this was really halarious and everyone laughed, including my professor.

"I guess I just had a huge plate of anxiety for breakfast, then" he said.

Thanks for being so open minded, Professor.

No comments: